Monday, December 16, 2013

Today, I did this...

I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here from "Annie" PCV Thailand Style
Host: Now, farang, what would you like to do first?
PCV: The English, then the social inequities, that way if my Thai is sub-par...
Host: No, no, no, you don't understand! You don't have to work while you're here with us! 
PCV: I won't?!? But isn't that sort of the point?
Host: Why, you're our guest!

Host: You wear the color of the day
Yai: Today is yellow, why are you wearing green?
Host: The bucket shower has some frogs 
PCV: I get to have pets in the bathroom? Oh, boy!
Host: We hung the mosquito net already
Nong: If you're afraid of ghosts, I can sleep with you
PCV: I think I'm gonna like it here!

(Dance sequence where PCV is squeezed and prodded by every member of the host family, then force fed a ridiculous amount of food)

Host: The rice fields are all around 
PCV: I get to eat rice? Oh, boy!
Host: The kanom wan is always here 
PCV: You mean I can eat all I want?
Host: We have a million more for you (These Americans are so fat!)
PCV: I think I'm gonna like it here!

(More food and mosquito attacks commence)

Pii: When you wake, take a shower, you have to take a shower!
Nong: When you come home, take a shower, you have to take another shower!

(PCV spins around in wonder as the host family shouts...)
Host family: Did you take a shower yet? Did you eat rice yet? Go to bed!

Host: And geckos chirp upon your walls 
PCV: They'll sing me to sleep at night!
Host: Mosquitos come out around 6 
Host family: We have but one request, please eat some more kanomes!
PCV: I know I'm gonna like it here!

(Montage of freezing bucket showers and overeating)

PCV: Used to live in a state where I'd eat some cheese
        Get me now, holy cow! Could someone pass a kanom please!
(Thousands of kanoms are handed to PCV at once)
Host: Gin yert yert!
PCV: I didn't mean it!

(Still more eating of kanoms)

Host: We've never had an American 
Host family: Farang, farang, farang, farang, farang, farang, farang, farang, farang!
PCV: I'll be you first volunteer!
Host family: We have but one request, please eat some more kanomes!
PCV & Host family: I/We know I'm/your gonna like it here!

2 comments:

  1. OMG Jessie, this is too perfect and extremely funny. My face is aching from laughing and smiling so much! You're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I tickled myself quite a bit while writing it...

    ReplyDelete