Monday, January 6, 2014

Book Boosters!

I was asked to write to Darien Book Aid on behalf of my school and fellow English teachers to inquire about the possibility of receiving a donation to enhance our school library. As it stood before, we had roughly 25 English books, most of which were Thai translations of stories that had a healthy number of mistakes in them. Over New Year’s break I received a large, heavy box that looked well beaten up, wrapped in a yellow shipment bag. I had no idea what sorts of treats were within, but I knew they must surely be books, so on one of our first days back from school, with help from my 9th graders, co-teachers, and principal, we opened the incredible donation and read, read, read!
 

Many thanks to all of the generous folks at Darien Book Aid for your donation and dedication to education throughout the world!







No comments:

Post a Comment